New trends of the startups in teamwork area are moving and improving. There are no longer teams of separate functions, there is now something called SCRUM where is basically work together, collaboratively, and to obtain the best possible result from a project. But let’s start with:
What is SCRUM?
It is an agile and flexible methodology of work to manage software development, whose main objective is maximize the return of inversion for the company (ROI). Its based first, in build the functionality of the big value for the client and the beginnings of continuous self inspection, adaptation, self-management and innovation.
When is it used?
With Scrum methodology, customers gets enthusiastic and agrees to given projects which sees it grow iteration to iteration. Also it allows you anytime to re-align software with your company’s business objectives, since you can enter priority or functional changes at the start of each new iteration without any problem.
This methodical work promotes IT innovation, motivation and commitment of the team that form part of the project, by what the Professional field are conducive to develop their capabilities.
- Fulfillment of expectations: client establishes expectations indicating the value that gives each requirement/history of the project, the team estimated it and with this information the Product Owner establishes their priority. Regularly, in Sprint demos, the Product Owner verifies that indeed the requirements have been met and transmits is feedback to the team.
- Flexibility to changes: high capacity of reaction to changes of requirements generated by customer’s needs or market evolutions. The methodology is designed to adapt to changes of requirements involving complex projects.
Reduction of Time to Market: customer can start using the most important features of the project before it is completed in full.
- Better quality of the software: methodical work and the need to obtain a functional version after each iteraction, helps to obtain high quality software.
Higher productivity: it gets among other reasons, due to the elimination of bureaucracy and the motivation of the team that provides the fact that are self organizing.
- Maximizes the return on investment (ROI): software production only with the features that provides greater value business thanks to the prioritization by return on investment.
- Time predictions: using this methodology, the average speed of the equipment is known for sprint (so-called history points), so consequently, it is possible to easily estimate when there will be a certain functionality that is still in the Backlog.
- Risk reduction: the fact of make more features in the first place, and know the speed in which team advances in the project, allows to clear risks effectively in advance way.